Thursday, September 6, 2007

Beg, Borrow or Steal Your Way to Greater Heights


I'd been extremely busy lately. Travelling. Which explains my absence and lack of contribution to this blog. But I'm back. And since it's still fresh in my mind, I might as well review it. Travelling by Thai Airways wasn't really what I had expected it to be. It was surprisingly pleasant, given the long-haul flight I was on. The cabin crew was friendly, to a point of getting those few of us who sat a few rows behind that curtain which separates us from Business class, some goodies from Business class! We got Business class lamb chop cooked to perfection (I can't believe I'm reviewing airplane food), when the rest of economy had to live with chicken or fish that looked more like canteen grub. We also had left over champagne from... you guessed it, Business class.

This is starting to sound really pathetic, but I dare say, should you get onto a plane next time, try to get seats closest to that Business class curtain. You may just be as lucky as I was and get some scraps and leftovers thrown at you like you're some desperate stray dog.

4 comments:

Vincent said...

Maybe it's one of their way for promoting the airline ;)

sharlydia said...

I've been on enough flights & always near the business class curtain, but sad to say...never been offered the same! So u'r lucky!

But what i heard from my friend who was a SIA airhostress, they will usually NOT serve the leftovers from business class to the economy class, reason being they will be receiving complaints from the rest of the econ class passengers who din get to enjoy the leftovers...

the reviewer said...

Vincent: You know... I was beginning to think that too.

Sharlydia: Oh, they don't? Hmmm... maybe it's a Thai thing.

JesieBlogJourney said...

I have also never heard of serving leftover from first class to coach class passengers. You're lucky. But that's not fair to other coach class passengers.

I travel almost every week on airplanes operated by US airline companies. They only serve soft drinks and mini pretzels.

I have been on one flight which did not have a flight attendant and of course no drink for us. I have shared that on my general blog. I let you imagine how large the plane is.